Registering LightWave v9 for NewTek Europe customers
rev. 060724-7 This page is all in English, but the registration pages are in the language you choose.
Firstly, because this is a new system for European LightWave users you almost certainly do not have a registration at NewTek, so you may need to create a new account. Secondly, the final serial number for 9 is different to the open beta, LightWave  and any other serial number you have. Thirdly, the open beta programme is over, so there will be no new temporary keys for it. You will need the LightWave  serial number that entitled you to join the open beta and/or that entitles you to a free upgrade to LightWave v9. When you first visit the page and you've told the registration which country you are in and which language you prefer, you will need to sign up a new account on the right of this page:
Once you have entered your account details it's time to populate your account. Enter your chosen username and password here on the left side of this page if you need to:
Otherwise, you should be presented with the following page:
First, click on the white LightWave v9 banner and enter the LightWave serial number that you find on the Vue 5 box you received when you bought your LightWave v9 upgrade. If you ordered a complete LightWave 8.5 with a free upgrade to 9 (you are a new licence holder since August last year), this number will also be found on your LightWave box or wrapped around your dongle. If you have upgraded to v9 from a previous version of LightWave, you will still have been sent a LightWave  that will have the appropriate serial number on it.
Once you've entered this number successfully, you will see the following page:
Click on the blue LightWave serial number at the bottom of the page and it will take you here (You can also click on the red banner at a later date):
Fill in the details you need to (bearing in mind that you can enter other platforms at a later date). Enter another email address if you wish to be copied at a different location, but the license.key number will also be presented on-screen as soon as you hit the Register button, like so:
Clicking on the My Downloads link at the top of any of the pages will take you to the various parts of LightWave v9 you can download as you fancy. Here's a breakdown of the sizes of the files:
- lw9.0.0_win32.zip: 43 MB
- lw9.0.0_mac32.dmg: 27.3 MB
- lw9.0.0_win64.zip: 37.6 MB
- LightWave v9 Bonus Content: 129 MB
- LightWave v9 Layout Manual: (print) 87.9 MB, (screen) 25.1 MB
- LightWave v9 Modeler Manual: (print) 77.5 MB, (screen) 21.2 MB
- LightWave v9 Surface and Render Manual: (print) 47 MB, (screen) 14.8 MB
- LightWave v9 WebHelp - PC Platform: 152 MB
- LightWave v9 WebHelp - Mac Platform: 160.6 MB
- If you are getting a message that your â€œdemographicâ€ details don't match the serial number, try checking your profile to see if problems occur there.
- If you are still getting Discovery mode after having registered correctly etc. try making sure that your new license.key is the only one in the license.key file in your LightWave/Programs directory.
- If you have other platforms to register for your LightWave v9, follow these steps:
- Login to the Registration system;
- Go to My Products;
- Copy the appropriate serial number from there;
- Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
- Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence and Lock ID you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. NB: The Lock ID number for each platform is different!
- From the [NewTek Forums], Kurtis Harris posted the following:
If you are a European user, and you have not been able to register yet, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org privately, and I will see what I can get done for you myself once our MIS and Customer Service teams arrive for the day. To do this, I will need the following information.
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your LightWave  serial number
- Your LightWave v9 serial number (if you have one)
- The 10-digit code on your Vue 5 package we shipped you
- You hardware lock (dongle) ID
- Your login and password for http://register.newtek.com
- What happened when you clicked on each of the two LightWave v9 banners. If you clicked on the white banner and entered your Vue 5 code, did it give you a message? If you clicked on the red banner, was anything displayed?
I will be out of the office, and for the most part offline, until August 07 for SIGGRAPH. If you are still having difficulties with the registration system, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com with the information requested above, and they will do their best to help you as soon as possible. For those of you that have already contacted me, in the event that I am not able to help resolve your situation before I leave, I have already shared your information with our MIS and CS departments so they can help you as quickly as possible in my absence.
BeeVee 04:40, 24 Jul 2006 (EDT)